TESOL Courses (English Teacher Development)
Language Links offers TESOL courses - accredited teacher training courses for both native and non-native English speakers.
Certificate III in English Proficiency - ESL
This is an intensive 6 week course designed to provide excellent opportunities for:
- Non-native teachers of English wishing to improve their language proficiency.
- Non-native English Teacher Trainees wishing to extend their knowledge and understanding of the industry, in an English-speaking environment.
- Students who are considering teaching for employment purposes in their native country, but would like to experience the role of a teacher prior to investing in a formal teaching qualification.
- Students wishing to improve their English proficiency in order to complete a formal teaching qualification.
On successful completion of the course, students will receive a nationally recognised qualification (under the umbrella of our Certificate III in English Proficiency-ESL - with a customised TESOL Unit) and a detailed report of all learning outcomes achieved. A one-week work experience option as a teacher’s assistant, in a local West Australian pre-primary/ primary school, is offered to each trainee on completion of their course.
Entry Requirements: IELTS 6.0 / FCE pass / RPL or LL entrance test score
Certificate IV in TESOL
The course may be completed as a part-time or full-time option and is designed for:
- People who wish to travel, live and/or teach overseas.
- Qualified teachers who wish to add EFL/ESL teaching skills to enhance their opportunities for teaching in schools - post-secondary, government and private institutions.
- Qualified teachers from overseas who meet language entry requirements and wish to improve their teaching skills in a native-speaking environment, training alongside native speakers.
- People who wish to gain a teaching qualification for entry level teaching positions.
- Professionals who wish to change direction and join the ESL workforce.
- Professionals looking for a ‘refresher’ course on returning to the ESL industry.
Please note: The Certificate IV TESOL is not a CRICOS registered course, Student Visa holders are not permitted to enrol in this course.
Entry Requirements: IELTS 7.0 / CAE pass / RPL or LL entrance test score
Please see our current Pricelist for course fee information