Home stay is a great way to stay
Language Links offers a range of Homestay Packages for students to choose from.
Homestay families are personally selected by the college and all homes are inspected to ensure they meet the needs and requirements of students.
Terms and Conditions of Placement:
- A minimum of 2 weeks payment is required in advance to confirm your booking.
- The Placement fee of $245 (2018 Placements) is non-refundable once accommodation request has been submitted.
- 2 weeks notice is required to change or cancel accommodation.
There are 3 options to choose from in our Homestay programme:
1. Homestay - Full board:
$275.00 per week: Accommodation in an individual room + All meals included
(Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner - 7 days per week)
Additional night $ 39.00 per night
2. Homestay - Half Board:
$250.00 per week: Accommodation in an individual room + Breakfast and Dinner (7days)
Breakfast and Dinner are provided every day and families will include lunches on weekends and Public Holidays for students upon request.
Additional night $36.00 per night
3. Homestay - Room only:
$180.00 per week: Accommodation in an individual room - no meals are included
Students can store food and access the kitchen to make their own meals
Additional night $26.00 per night
Although Language Links is an Adult Education Centre, applications may be considered from underage students, providing they are mature enough to cope in an adult learning environment, or if they are part of a 'Short Course' Study Tour programme. For a student under 18yrs of age requiring accommodation arranged by the college, an additional carers fee of $30 per week is charged on top of the weekly accommodation fee.
Download our PDF Homestay Student Charter for full details and conditions of accomodation placement.
ALTERNATIVE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS:
ECU Student VillageOur students now also have access to accommodation at the vibrant Edith Cowan University (ECU) Village Mount Lawley Campus, a residential community designed just for students! The Village is close to the shops and restaurants of Beaufort Street and only a 10-15 minute bus ride from Language Links. Contact the college or ECU Student Village website for more information.
Backpacker/HostelOther forms of accommodation are available such as backpackers, hostels and shared-apartments. Please contact or make an appointment to see our Homestay Officer to discuss options and prices.
One way CHARTERED SERVICE - Transfer from Airport to Accommodation
- Individual: $88.00 (includes 10% GST)
- Double: $132 (2 Students to same homestay/accommodation) (includes 10% GST)
NOTE: Taxi fare from airport to homestay approximately $50 - $80 depending on accommodation location.
Demi Pair (Part-time Au Pair)
A Demi Pair is a full time student and part time Au Pair.
If you are a full time student this is the perfect money saving solution! Be part of an Australian family, exchanging 15 hours of child-minding and housework for your accommodation and meals, whilst experiencing the real Aussie lifestyle!
If you are on a Working Holiday visa you are also eligible to be an Au pair / Demi Pair. The minimum stay with a family is 3 months. Language Links works with a reputable Placement Agency in Perth to place students in the programme.
The Au-Pair/Demi-Pair programmes give students the opportunity to practice their English language skills on a daily basis and experience a real Australian Lifestyle. While students are placed in the Au-Pair/Demi-Pair programme, they will be required to help the family with daily tasks.
These tasks may include:
- Helping with the Children: - Preparing their breakfast - Preparing their school lunches - Getting them ready for school - Making their beds etc.
- Helping the family to prepare Dinner: - Setting and Clearing the table - Helping to wash the dishes - Food shopping etc.
- General Tidying and Cleaning: - Hanging out the washing - Folding the washing - Helping with the ironing - Helping to vacuum the house etc.
Packages can be arranged from 3 to 6 months or longer if available (Usually for the duration of the study period at the college). The hours expected to assist the family is a minimum of 15hrs per week , usually 5 days a week or working hours may be every day (including weekends) with shorter hours per day.
- Students applying should have some form of childcare experience.
- Students must be 18yrs +
- Students must have at least Pre-Intermediate level of English in order to communicate with the family and the Children
- Please read our full terms and conditions prior to submitting your Demi Pair application.
PLACEMENT FEE: $500 (Includes placement fee, orientation programme, liability insurance and airport pick-up)
Fee does not include optional arrival accommodation costs.