Overseas Student Health Cover - OSHC
All overseas students on ‘Student Visas’ must have health cover while studying in Australia. Language Links arranges OSHC through BUPA Australia. BUPA will reimburse you if you need to visit a doctor, have a blood test, have x-rays or need emergency transport to the hospital in an ambulance.
Single, couples and family cover is available, the monthly cost varies based on the duration of cover. View BUPA 2018 pricelist for current rates.
What is covered?
- Medical Practitioners (including specialists)
- Pathology services (blood tests...)
- X-ray • OSHC pays 100% of the Medicare Benefits
- Schedule fee, and 85% for specialists and all other medical services that do not take place as an in-patient in a hospital (you pay the difference)
- For medical services, OSHC will pay 100% of the MBS fee
Hospital: Public hospitals
- OSHC pays all hospital charges in a shared ward in any public hospital
- You will have to pay the difference between the OSHC benefits and the total fees
- For outpatient medical treatment provided by a public hospital
- If you choose a private Hospital, BUPA private will meet the full cost of charges raised by the hospital except for: any difference between your doctor charges and the MBS fee; any prescribed medicines not covered by the hospital agreement; discharge items and ancillary services not related to the reason for your hospital admission; charges for ancillary services not covered by our agreements; outpatient fees
- OSHC provides benefits for most prescription medicines, except for oral contraceptives
Emergency Ambulance Transport:
- OSHC pays 100% of the charge for medically necessary ambulance transport. For a medical emergency call 000 and request an Ambulance.
Closest BUPA Retail Centre:
99 St Georges Terrace Perth
Ph: 13 41 35