Learn English with our general English courses
General English courses with a difference
Our General English Courses focus on the English needed to survive in everyday situations. Classes run throughout the year with ALL levels offered.
- The courses are structured and follow an accredited curriculum
- Formal examinations each month and weekly revision to ensure course progress. This enables students to reach their individual study goals faster!
- Receive individual attention from highly qualified staff and study in a caring, family-like study environment
- Practical activities are used throughout the course to give students the opportunity to experience the language by actually participating in ‘real world’ situations
General English Levels available:
- Certificate I: Entry Level - Beginner / Elementary
- Certificate II: Entry Level - Pre /Lower Intermediate
- Certificate III: Entry Level - Intermediate
- Certificate IV: Entry Level - Upper-Intermediate
- Diploma : Entry Level - Advanced
Complete a General English course as an 'English AWARD’ Course:
Our General English study stream may be completed as an ELICOS/ESL ‘Award Course’ at Language Links, giving our students the opportunity to graduate with a nationally recognised certificate within the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF), making studying at Language Links a more valuable achievement. Each certificate level contains 5 Units of Competency, to cover the four macro skills (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking) as well as Grammar & Vocabulary skills. Students must be deemed competent in all Units at their level of study to receive one of the following qualifications:
- Diploma of English Proficiency - ESL (Course Code: 52800WA)
- Certificate IV in English Proficiency - ESL (Course Code: 52801WA)
- Certificate III in English Proficiency - ESL (Course Code: 52802WA)
- Certificate II in English Proficiency - ESL (Course Code: 52710WA)
See 'Award Course' information for further details.
Start any Monday!
- Minimum enrolment is 4 weeks - individual cases may be discussed with our Enrolments Officer.
- Private Tuition 2018 is also available at $85.00 per hour (Includes an initial consultation and tailor-made study plan)